Meet Zoë and Hannah

Monday, December 31, 2012

Year End Wrap Up!

Remember when I was a frequent blogger?  Yeah, me too.  I was going to cut it out but: (a) I find myself referring back to it to remember things the kids did at certain ages and (b) I can see that whenever I put up a post a whole bunch of people read it.  Only my mom and my bff usually leave comments.  So maybe the blog is coming up in Russian search engines or something.  Or maybe, just maybe, more of our far away family and friends are reading this than are commenting (gentle nudge).  Regardless, I think I will try to be better at keeping it up if only for my own memory aid.
 
So what have I been doing instead of blogging in the evenings whilst watching crappy television?  Crocheting!

 
Bow making!
 


Neither of which is as lucrative as lawyering.  But I make enough money for more craft supplies and starbucks.  (And I do feel very, very thankful to be able to be a stay home mom, volunteer at school, etc.)

Another blogging problem: I haven't been taking many pictures of late.  And the ones I do take are lousy.  But the memory card keeps getting filled up with a lot of these:



And some of these:



 So apparently Hannah is enjoying the camera.

Anyway, on with the recap.  I can't even find Halloween pictures.  But Zoe was a unicorn and Hannah was (obviously) a cheetah.

We made a trip to Massachusetts for Thanksgiving.  There was a lot of family and love and visiting.  Even Aunty Sarah was there!



And after Thanksgiving turkey Aunty Nancy, Uncle Tom and Gramma had early Christmas for the girls.  They were so excited!

December was getting ready for Christmas at home.  Making cookies from packaged dough because mine are awful.  (And Ikea makes some good cookie dough! As does Trader Joe's!)



Decorating the tree:


Grampa came down to Pennsylvania the weekend before Christmas.  Lots of love and visiting and PRESENTS!


Since we didn't travel for Christmas we got to take advantage of a virtually empty Delaware Children's Museum  on Christmas Eve.  (And of course took Zoe for crabs at Joe's Crab Shack next door for Christmas Eve dinner.)


And on Christmas morning I awoke to shouts of "He came!  He came!" The girls were so happy and surprised and thankful.  It was just...awesome!



5 Comments:

Blogger apoz said...

LOVE Hannah's pictures! Looks like Annie Leibovitz has got some fierce competition! :)

8:52 AM  
Anonymous blw said...

Ummmm .... I would love to comment but have run out of things to say to express my astonishment at KNITTING and HAIR BOW MAKING.

But those girls are awfully cute!! Glad you had a good holiday.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous blw said...

Sorry, I meant crocheting and hair bow making. Is there a difference between crocheting and knitting? I don't know .... but I still enjoyed the post :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger valentine images said...

What a Great Idea! Saving life on photos on the computer so faraway Nana's can see her family living their lives - and so happily.

I am finally becoming 'computer literate'.

I still have a small box of my favorite and most treasured art work, drawings, and writings from my kids when then were in kindergarten, grammar and high school.

Kevin had another 'novel idea for an 'ol timer' like me - to scan their art and writing creations thru a scanner. I love that idea. Maybe I could e-mail some of them for, the kids to get a kick out of - of Daddy's creativity when he was around their age.

Love the photos.

Love Mom (Nana)

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kev, I found the Blog!
James, you are so creative with the yarn.
More later, Love Mom

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home