5:00 am

Good morning - Its 5:00 am and thanks to a cute little baby, I am wide awake. She is of course sleeping again...but after an hour of howling!
We've been having some fun the past few days. On Thursday, Kevin took Zoë and I to Ikea for lunch. Zoë slept and I ate about 50 swedish meatballs. On Friday, Zoë and I went for a long walk on Main Street and we also spent some time in the back yard gardening. I gardened; she looked adorable while napping!

This next picture shows Zoë chillin' in a sweatsuit in her pack n' play - notice the pacifier! We did not use one at first because we are breastfeeding and the experts say to wait a bit before introducing a pacifier or a bottle so baby has no nipple confusion. Of course Zoë like all babies likes to suck and mommies do not want to be binkies, so we decided it was time to try a pacifier. At first Zoë wanted nothing to do with it and would go ballistic and spit it out. But Kevin (aka the Baby Whisperer) acting on tips from Leslie has gotten her to take it! So far the pacifier pacifies her and gives us little bursts of quiet time! (And speaking of Leslie - see the piece from the mobile she sent Zoë in the picture. Zoë loves to stare at the black and white images so extra bits of the moblie are sprinkled around the house!)

Finally, here is another funny pic of our cute bug getting it all out (lest you all think we are making up the stories of sleep deprivation!)

2 Comments:
tee hee. the baby whisperer. don't let the word get out on kevin's special talent or all the newborn babies' parents will be showing up at your door!
Here we come Zoe!!! In 24 hours I will be in town and smothering you with auntly affection... oh, and I LOVE you new hat!
Post a Comment
<< Home