Meet Zoë and Hannah

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Its a gas!


Well, after my family left, Zoë decided to remind us what all-nighters are like. Except without the beer and partying. She is a gas/poop machine once the sun goes down. The one place I can get her to stop fussing is lying on my chest. She cuddles right up and probably dreams of being a fetus again. (Shout out to cousin Mark who hooked us up with some gas relief drops!)


One thing that is a little funny (and a little scary) is how Zoë now really focuses...on nothing we can see. She will stare off just over my shoulder, or into the corner of the room. Can she see monsters or ghosts? Kevin assures me that she is just focusing on some high contrast shadows. I chose to believe him because he is getting a bit more sleep than me.

I know I owe some people phone calls. But as Alyssa can attest to, Miss Zoë can give quite the yells if she feels she needs attention. I will pick up the phone as soon as I get a few minutes of quiet...we just may have to have quick chats!

Finally, a Jamie update: my c-section scar itches like crazy. My family told me this is a sign of healing. Oddly, when I try to scratch it, the skin is numb (which the doc says is normal). But how can it itch if I can't feel it? I will leave you all with this conundrum.

Wish us a restful night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooohh! Jamie, you do! You look beautiful! Which wouldn't be at all remarkable, but for the fact that you just had a baby and haven't slept in weeks... By the way, I'm 25 and I still stare off into the corner at times, and paul always thinks he sees a spider on the wall when it's just dust, so Zoe is on the right track, I think. Or she's part cat (they always do that, too.)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

oh good - Zoe is in good company if Cort and Sarah have all been known to stare off at nothing in particular!

And as for paul and the phantom spiders...I yelled for kevin to come into the nursery to save me from some ants and kevin came in without his glasses on. He kept touching smudges on the wall and saying that's not a bug...that's not a bug...and I said no, no over THERE! Hee hee. This could be a comical reality show.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home