She's here!
Hannah Valentine was born on January 26, 2009 at 11:03 am. I know, I know, she was scheduled to come on January 29th, but she just could not wait! I woke up feeling crampy around 5:00 am but sent Kevin off to work figuring this was not the "real deal." Oh but an hour later, I knew it was the real deal and called Kevin right away!
We got to the hospital at 9:00 am and she was born (via C-Section) just 2 hours later! Here she is fresh out of the oven - all 8lbs 0.8 oz of her!
Then she had to go to the Intensive Care Nursery (ICN) because of pneumothorax in both lungs. See definition below...
"Spontaneous pneumothorax generally occurs during the first few breaths post-delivery and is asymptomatic. Symptoms of respiratory distress such as rapid breathing, nasal flaring, grunting with expiration, and cyanosis (blue coloration of the skin) may be present in some babies, but these symptoms usually respond to temporary oxygen supplementation with no long term consequences."
Hannah had the rapid breathing and grunting. Luckily receiving 100% oxygen for 2.5 days totally resolved the issue!
Here is Hannah (after I gave her a mohawk with all of her hair!!!) on Thursday morning after she was set free from the ICN and returned to me in my room (the marks on her cheeks are from the tape that was holding her oxygen in place):
Stay tuned for pictures of Hannah's first few days at home!

5 Comments:
Congratulations! She is beautiful! Look at all that hair. Zoe picked out the perfect name for her. How did she know? I'm so glad you are now all together, at home. I hope you are able to get some rest!
NIce to meet you Hannah!!! Really, guys, she's beautiful. Wow. Congratulations! Oh, and tell Zoe she just got a promotion: big sister. Good luck!
Well nice to meet you mademoiselle Hannah! Congrats Jamie and Kevin.
She is adorable and no paddle feet or hands, he he ! Miss you all and a big kiss and hug to Zoe.
xoxo camy
We are all SO EXCITED to welcome Ms. Hannah to the world! She is off to a great start, having been born into such a wonderful family. All the best.
Dear Hannah,
Your arrival was complicated, at best!
You came early, Dad was sick,
snowstorm. So your Mom and you had
no visitors to distract you from
the "Inmates".
So,my favorite picture, is my hand
in yours,and your Mom's hand in the same picture...we Finally
got to be together.
Post a Comment
<< Home